Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 06:03:18 -0700
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I made some "compromise" changes to my life based on
> Lights Out.  I covered the blue light on the alarm
> clock

No alarm clock here. :)  But I'm convincing my husband
to let me cover the bedroom windows. That street
light, shining in, has bothered me even before this!

> Starting in November, I don't look at the computer
> or the TV screen after 9 o'clock at night, and try
>to have lights out at 9:30 or 10:00.

As of now - I'm going to bed at 9 PM, so that takes
care of tv/computer.  :)  Not that it's hard for me to
do this.  I get up early and "run down" in the
evenings, as a rule.

> I also try to eat seasonally, pretty much, year
> around.  More fruits in the late summer and fall,
> more storage veggies and soups in the winter,
> more greens in spring.

THIS sounds 'doable'!

> I wonder sometimes if we turned off the lights at
> home at sunset and went to bed at dark, what
> changes we would find?

The only way I can do this personally, is to go to bed
myself.  My husband insists he needs to stay up till
midnight,  with lights on, in order to sleep in bed.
[Bahhh-humbug!  LOL!]

>In the winter it makes for very short days even at
> 41.

Don't know my latitude off hand, but it IS a long
night, in the NE of the US.

Thank you so much, for replying to my post!

=====
~Tessa