From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:21:25 +0100

The argument that "palaeo" is undefined, doesn't convince. After all "palaeo", is rather more defined, not so much by what it is, but by what it is not(ie no Neolithic foods like grains, dairy, legumes whatsoever). By that definition, 4 of the 5 beliefs you claim are indeed all "palaeo" but not the 5th.

As for the Atkins mention, it seems you are right. I should instead have placed Harris in the Ray Peat/Gary Taubes camp within cooked-low carb diets. Though I could argue that Taubes et al were inspired by Atkins to a large extent.

Can't say I approve of his rather overly combative style, it amounts to demagoguery , from my POV. Admittedly, most diet gurus seem to be that way. The only exception I've come across was Loren Cordain. Even when being given a hatchet-job by the likes of Sally Fallon, he always responded in a polite manner in his defence.

Geoff

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/