From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:47:19 EST
In a message dated 3/23/01 12:44:32 AM,  "S.B. Feldman, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

<<  The truth is that everything that is essential could be toxic, as a matter
of the dose response characteristics that govern these things.

> . I don't see how something essential
> could be toxic. > >>

Of course. That is obvious and not the point. I've even heard of someone
drinking himself to death- drinking water! For example, I've sometimes heard
people say, "I'm allergic to vitamin C". You could be allergic to the form in
which it is delivered, or an additive, binder, or something taken out of
balance with other factors upon which it is codependent, etc. But something
you cannot live without cannot be toxic or allergenic, by definition. Unless,
of course, you OD on it. (I realized as soon as I sent that post  that
someone would probably respond to that statement, but once sent, had no way
to recall it to elaborate. Hope that clears things up.)

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY