From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 18:33:03 -0500
>If we are eating canned wild salmon every day, aren't we getting sufficient
>fish oil, I am also eating fresh lamb liver from pasture raised
>lambs???isn't that enough?? I don't like taking supplements.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mary

Mary,
The concern with cans (especially with our kids) is the aluminum from the
can tainting the food. I have the impression that the Carlson's oil is
somehow cold pressed (I don't pretend to understand the manufacturing
process of fish liver oils) and since it's packed in dark glass, it's
protected from rancidity.
The thing that impressed me about this product is that Rachel felt that a
two year old would consider it to be quite palatable. Zoe hates anything
fishy, except for smoked salmon (which isn't fishy IMO). So for a kid who
won't eat fish, it would seem that this stuff is liquid gold.
Will let you all know what Zoe thinks of the taste. (Hey, Mikey!)
Stacie