From:
Gawen Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 19:48:02 EDT
<< I heard about the paleo diet from a list about animal diets and was curious
 if there is a place on the web that describes what to eat, general
 proportions, etc.

Read NeanderThin.  www.neanderthin.com

<<Any change I make will have to be very, very
 gradual--like one thing every couple of weeks.  It may take me a long time
 to switch over.  If I deprive myself of something I want to eat, I tend to

Unfortunately you may have to go cold turkey because of your food
sensitivities. Kind of like alcoholics need to not drink.

<<Has anyone on this list had similar health problems to mine? <<

It sounds like your immune system is in a constant state of stress.  You need
to cut out the foods that are stressing your system.

 <<For a couple  of years I have wanted to cut out grain and dairy and see
what happens, but
 that would leave me only meat and veggies to eat.  Not sure what to do at
 this point, <<

It sounds like you DO know what you have to do.  The question is, do you want
to do it?
Read NeanderThin.  www.neanderthin.com

<<but I have to do something or I'll be like this at 80 (if I
 make it to 80).

You have to decide which is more important, your health or your food
cravings.  Whatever you do, do it consciously and don't beat yourself up.