From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:19:20 -0500
Susan Carmack:
> Do you have durians where you are?

No, I had never heard of them before.

> No. I only use tallow from wild animals.

If it turns out that the tallow affects you, then I guess that would leave
the amount of fat, or perhaps of saturated fat in particular, as the
remaining culprit. I think Todd and I hypothesized at one point that some
people may become more sensitive than others to saturated fat after their
system has been affected in some way by modern foods. I don't know the
mechanism, and the data re: saturated fats is contradictory and
controversial, but I can't rule out the possibility.

Grain fed fat makes me itchy
> and gives me celiac symptoms. Fortunately I have a wild meat cutter
> down the road who saves me 'scraps'.
> Do you have any hunting in your area?

Not much.

> Thank you again for your great reply!