From:
Micki Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:54:45 MST
Hello there,
Perhaps this will help. I remember reading years ago a small paperback book
called The Natural Way to Health and Beauty=85I'm not actually sure of the
title. The author was under the care of the famous Dr. Atkins, and found after
some time on the diet she inexplicably began to gain weight. In a panic, she
went back to Dr. Atkins, and he recommended that she do a reversal of the
diet=85all starch and carbs, for about a week, keeping it to a caloric amount
that would not theoretically put on more weight. She did so, and upon
returning to her low carb eating, began losing weight again. I don't remember
any explanation of this in the book, but perhaps it kick started her back into
responding to ketosis? Or maybe she was somehow in that "starvation" mode that
so many of us women seem to encounter that lowered her metabolism. Also, in
the New Dr. Atkins book, he has a special plan for those whose insulin
resistence is espectially low..made up mostly of macadamia nuts and only to be
used for a short period of time. Then there are the dreaded plateaus that
every single program for eating I have ever known has. Hang in there. Hope you
find a solution, and when you do, please share it!

micki