Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:28:45 -0600
*Emphasis added is mine.....
You said a mouthful on this one...   I think it depends on the person....
Excess protein acts like a carb with me.  I actually crave carbs with too
much protein.  I believe Jean-Claude mentioned something to this effect last
year.  Are calorie and protein requirements based on LBM or weight of an
individual?  I know I can't eat as much now as I did(protein wise) two years
ago and even a year ago BUT, I need more carbs.  25 grams of protein per
meal is about all I can manage even with workouts. I know when I've had
enough protein but the carb needs are not satisfied and more carbs put me
over the calorie limit for LBM.  Any suggestions other than increase
protein?  (That causes a "heavy" feeling in the "gut".)  I'm wondering if
this is a case of stales mate with a set point in metabolism that takes time
to alter......  Oliva