From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:20:45 +0100
On Jun 19, 2004, at 11:26 pm, Michael Weis wrote:
> After going "back on" meat, did anyone here experience sickness of that
> nature? If so, how long
> did it last?
>
> Mike

I have a funny story... well funny to me anyway.  I lived for a while
in a shared house, and there was a girl there who had been vegetarian
since the age of about 8.  She followed her big sister so I think she's
justified it since.  She lived with her boyfriend who we think
pressured her into getting thinner and thinner, as when I last saw she
had almost wasted away (she was always pale but it got to the stage
where you could almost see her bones).  Anyway the point is we all
hated her for a hundred and one reasons, which is what makes the next
bit funny >:-)

She always said that she'd been a vegetarian so long that even her
doctor said that eating meat would make her sick (we didn't believe her
that a doctor would say that, but...).  She went round someone's house
for a meal one day and he was making lasagne or spaghetti bolognese or
something, and ran out of quorn so he used real beef.  She ate the lot
and said it was delicious :)  I think that says a lot about how much is
biological and how much is psychological.

Ashley