From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:24:26 +0900
On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 04:04  AM, Jane Warner wrote:
>   I believe they said early Hunter Gatherers moved around a
> lot--as they cleaned out an area of game and the gathered food.  In
> general, they did not stay in one place long enough to make alcoholic
> beverages.  I don't think they had good storage utensils for liquids,
> either.

Just by chance, yesterday I was in my garden and happened on a windfall
pear. One side was bruised and it was definitely fermenting, the
alcohol taste was clear. I get fruit like this pretty regularly,
whenever something is in season. Don't even need containers of any
kind. By the way, fermentation only takes a few days in warm weather. I
don't think even nomads moved every day. Small amounts of alcohol are
certainly paleo, it is so easy to get. I doubt anyone could scavenge
enough to get even mildly drunk very often. A skin bag filled with
squashed fruit might be enough though.