Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 07:00:50 -0700
How long will fresh pork (unprocessed pork) fat drippings keep in the
refrigerator?

I use the drippings from unprocessed pork in pemmican.

Also, when you drain it off and it solidifies, there is also a kind of
gelatin that forms under the fat. I worry more about this part spoiling,
than I do the white fat.

What is this gelatin like material, anyway? There is no bone in the pork I
am cooking, so is there gelatin in the meat?

I have some pork fat in the refrigerator that is a few weeks old and would
like to use it.

Usually I use fresh drippings, that is within a day or two.

Also, what does the List think of boar/wild pig meat? There seems to be a
lot of that around here.