From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:59:12 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/2005 11:38:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Is the  vodka for therapeutic purposes?
I've never heard of that, and I'd be  interested to hear more about it. Do
you have Type I or Type  II?

I have type 2 diabetes. I am 77 years young and have been diabetic for 36+
years. Yes, I do eat the same meals almost every day. Occasionally I steam a
mess of shrimp or have lobster or other sea food. Twice a year I take my wife
out to dinner (birthday and anniversary) and usually have a steak. The vodka
is  for both therapeutic purposes and pleasure. A study performed (this study
measured the amount of insulin in the blood before, during and after each
meal,  with and without vodka) in Scandinavia showed that the use of Vodka before
meals improved the insulin receptors functions. It appears to have reduced
my required insulin by about 10%. My last 3 HbAic readings were, 5.8 / 5.3 and
4.8. I inject insulin as my only medication. I have been on this very low CHO
 diet for over one year. Jerry Stegenga (JerrySteg)