From:
Barry Adamski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 08:57:32 EST
<<<Was not clear, sorry. Nuts have a decent amout of carbs in them and
she could have been out of ketosis.
Ilya>>>>

Funny you should mention nuts.  Walnuts when eating 4C per day along with my
beef short ribs sent me into heavy ketosis.  I thought it was a fluke so I did
it again a couple of days later after the sticks turned my "normal" small and
I went heavy again.  Very strange to me (although I am sure some of the Wiley
E. Coyote (i.e. super-genius) types on this list will inform me why it is
perfectly logical).

I mostly ate beef short ribs in December...fat and all.  It wasn't very
pleasant actually.  I made sure I ate at least 70% of my calories from fat.  I
never left ketosis checking in am and pm daily.  My average calorie intake in
Dec was approx. 3600 daily.  I did 30 min of vigorous exercise every other
day.  My weight went from 288 to 298 in one month.

Someone on this list used Australian aborigines as an example of having the
best health and lowest fat on their bodies.  Didn't they eat the following
ratio of calories: 70% protein, 25% fat and 5% carbohydrate?

Barry Adamski