From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:24:57 -0800
On Wednesday, Dec 7, 2005, at 22:02 US/Pacific, Debby Padilla-Hudson
wrote:

> But I thought he recommends fat, just fish oil and
> such?

He's not a big meat fan, and doesn't find any value in saturated fats.

> Which supplements would you suggest?

I'd suggest that you eat as well as you possibly can, and then figure
out where the diet might not be adequate. I use fruit and vegetable
concentrates, a barley-grass and kombu product, and some Standard
Process formulas to address certain areas. I also use DHEA and thyroid.

> What type of stuff do you typically eat?  For that
> matter, how about everyone else on the list?  How do
> you stick to Paleo in difficult situations?  Do you
> ever cheat?  Anything you eat regularly?

No occasional cheating, unless you count blue cheese dressing in
restaurants. I do have some borderline items, like heavy cream and
butter. But no legumes, no Solanaceae, no grains, no concentrated
sugars, no milk or cheese. I eat lots of raw and rare meat, with plenty
of fat. I eat fish. I eat all fruits in season, and vegetables, mostly
leafy ones, broccoli, not many root veggies except for an occasional
sweet potato or carrot. Lots of avocados and olive oil, coconut oil,
sesame oil. When I go out to eat, which I only do for social reasons, I
eat the same, a salad, fish, veggies, and skip dessert.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!