Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:04:10 -0400
<<Microwave cooking is one of the healthiest ways to cook, if you
cook at all.

More at http://rabi.phys.virginia.edu/HTW/>>

This statement is from the person answering questions about microwave
cooking at the site above:

"I'm not an expert on the chemistry of cooking..."

and another quote:

"That's because a microwave consists of electric and magnetic fields,
and an
electric field exerts forces on charged particles. "

and more:

Q:Is it true that microwaves cause cancer?

A: "I think that it's very unlikely that microwaves cause cancer."

Note the words "I think".

The bottom line is that one of the links in Betty's post is about
controlled
experiments done with people, and their bodily responses to microwaved
food,
whereas, the link Philip gave is about the behavior of microwaves, and
the
impact on food - not the impact on people eating the food.

We trusted those who looked at foods and decided we couldn't be hurt
by them
based upon their chemical composition.  We found out differently.
Worse
yet, these foods are still made available.  So, is it so unreasonable
for us
to doubt the safety of microwaved food?  I think not.

And, yes, the Soviet Union DID ban microwaves...and still bans them.

Siobhan