From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:49:19 +0200
Susan Wolf Sternberg wrote:
> I have only one healthy, fully functioning kidney.  ...
 > She says that with low carb unless I am an athelete, my body
> will not burn fat as fuel, but rather will burn protein, and the nitrogen waste
> from the protein that is excretd will be hard on my kidney.

You can drastically lower the nitrogen to be excreted by supplying carb
food to the extent is is necessary for the tissues depending on
carbohydrate as fuel.
That should be at least 300 but more probable 500 kcal of carb per day.
This way your body doesn't have to crack additional amino acids
(protein) for the sole reason to gain glucose from the carb-part.

Leaving less nitrogen waste to the kidney.
To live with damadged kidneys must be horrible.

A.S.