From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:04:04 -0600
On 1/27/2012 9:24 AM, william wrote:
> On 01/27/2012 10:07 AM, Robert Kesterson wrote:
>> So if the root of all of it is sodium deficiency, I will increase the
>> salt next week and see if that helps. If not, I'll add magnesium and
>> potassium.
>>

> Combining calcium and magnesium might also be a problem, as those who
> successfully supplement with minerals often don't take calcium.
>
> William

Hmmm...   from the NIH website:

"Early signs of magnesium deficiency include loss of appetite, nausea,
vomiting, fatigue, and weakness. As magnesium deficiency worsens,
numbness, tingling, muscle contractions and cramps, seizures (sudden
changes in behaviors caused by excessive electrical activity in the
brain), personality changes, abnormal heart rhythms, and coronary spasms
can occur [1,3-4]. Severe magnesium deficiency can result in low levels
of calcium in the blood (hypocalcemia). Magnesium deficiency is also
associated with low levels of potassium in the blood (hypokalemia)
[1,19-20]."

I don't have any of those symptoms other than a faster heartbeat, so
maybe magnesium isn't the issue either?  Also note that they say low
magnesium can cause low calcium (maybe that's why they make
calcium/magnesium supplements?), and is associated with low potassium.

--
--
   Robert Kesterson