From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 12:14:34 -0600
From: alexs <[log in to unmask]>

> Romanticize and be PC all you want, but the Arctic outback is
> probably not the place to practice Paleo. It's a long way
> from Eden, biblical or paleontological.

If you live in the Arctic outback, far from civilization, what other diet or
way of life could you follow than a completely natural, paleo diet? What
other options are there? Monoculture agriculture? Where are you going to
raise crops? Pastoralism? What animals are you going to herd? Walrus,
whales, sea otters, fish? Aside from adopting Western dietary and cultural
practices (assuming cross-cultural contact), they wouldn't seem to have any
other choice As to romanticizing and being PC about this issue, I doubt
Vilhjalmur Steffanson was guilty of either. Reading his books gives one a
more realistic perspective on this issue.

Troy G.