From:
Michael Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:17:46 -0700
>>And, Ray pomotes a greater fat content in meat, while Cordain recommends
leaner cuts of meat.<<

Wally, what's your take on this? As a beginner, I really have no experience to
draw on, however,
after everything I've read about feedlot beef recently, I have no desire to
eat a lot of fatty meat
unless it comes from very specific sources. I noticed that one of the recipes
I did happen to look
at in Ray's book calls for beef "suet", which I guess is a special kind of
fat. The natural foods
market near my house that sells grass fed New Zealand beef doesn't get suet
from their
slaughterhouse and the meat is very lean. Wouldn't that suggest that the suet
you CAN get, is
almost always going to be from the lower quality grain fed meat?

Mike