From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:48:16 -0500
From: "Tom Barber" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:44 PM
> I have heard that eating liver (beef liver) these days can be hazzardous
> your health, that the liver "stores" toxins it filters out of the blood.

I never knowingly eat beef liver, but I do eat calf's liver. It is much more
expensive, paler in color. I get it at Fresh Fields (Whole Foods) and cook
it rare, usually in bacon fat.

Calfs do not have time to concentrate toxins in their liver, that is my
feeling and hope anyway. I guess the same could go for chicken livers from
free range organic chickens.

I would not eat supermarket-type factory farmed beef liver for the reason
you give. I never order liver in restaurants either, as "calf's liver" on
the menu usually means beef liver in reality, according to "restaurant
sources."

--Richard