From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:42:50 +1100
At 8:38 +1100 1/12/99, Susan Carmack wrote:

>Please tell me again what is fed egg laying hens. I am getting an extremely
>bad itch on my arms every time I eat an egg. I get locally raised free
>range eggs.

Susan,

Regarding your sensitivity to meat and eggs from grain fed animals:

When animals are grain fed, they are usually in feedlots. Due to the
crowded conditions, disease is rampant in these environments, so the
animals are routinely fed antibiotics with their feed. Also, it is not
uncommon to feed hormones to speed up weight gain.

I wonder if your sensitivities could be to residual traces of these
chemicals in the meat?

This seems more likely to me than residual traces of grain in the flesh
or eggs.

 ...Richard.