Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 22:52:13 -0600
steve wrote:
> Lynnet Bannion wrote:

>>> There is also the story that oil is not a fossil fuel, but rather a
>>> product of geological process; if true, we will never run out of it.
>> We can politely call that story a "fairy tale".  If this was true,
>> the oil fields would
>> not be in decline, they'd be topping themselves up even as we speak.
>> Why would we buy
>> expensive oil from unfriendly countries if we had an infinite,
>> ever-restoring process always filling up our wells?
>>

> Oil Fields Are Refilling...
> Naturally - Sometimes Rapidly
> http://www.rense.com/general63/refil.htm
>
> Steve

  ** Oil Reserves Are Increasing**

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/crispin8.html

Eugene Island is an underwater mountain located about 80 miles off the
coast of Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico. In 1973 oil was struck and
off-shore platform Eugene 330 erected. The field began production at
15,000 barrels a day, then gradually fell off, as is normal, to 4,000
barrels a day in 1989, Then came the surprise; it reversed itself and
increased production to 13,000 barrels a day. Probable reserves have
been increased to 400 million barrels from 60 million. The field appears
to be filling from below and the crude coming up today is from a
geological age different from the original crude, which leads to the
speculation that the world has limitless supplies of petroleum.

This really interested some scientists. Thomas Gold, astronomer and
professor emeritus of Cornell held for years that oil is actually
renewable primordial syrup continually manufactured by the earth under
ultra hot conditions and tremendous pressures. This substance migrates
upward picking up bacteria that attack it making it appear to have an
organic origin, i.e., come from dinosaurs and vegetation. As best I have
found so far Russian scientists support his position, at least that
petroleum is of primordial origin. There is now plenty of evidence
around proving the presence of methane in our universe. It is easy to
see it as a part of the formation of the earth. Under the right
conditions of temperature and pressure, it converts to more complex
hydrocarbons.

<CONTINUES>

  The Deep Hot Biosphere : The Myth of Fossil Fuels (Paperback)

by Thomas Gold
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books&field-author=Thomas%20Gold>
http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Hot-Biosphere-Fossil-Fuels/dp/0387952535/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212123050&sr=8-1

Steve