Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 15:12:51 -0700
Kath > Jim, I'm so sorry that your family is faced with this crisis and will add Emily to my prayer list.  A couple questions: how old is Emily?  What is her actual diagnosis?  Do you know what type of diet she is on?

Emily Ely is about ten years old and has had seizures her entire life.  Not sure of the diagnosis, but she has some cognitive impairment and has been to special schools.  This episode was the worst ever and was a "mutifocal" epileptic event.  She's physically an absolutely beautiful child and very brave.  Yesterday she asked Bridget, "Mommy, am I going to die?"

Thanks much for your prayers.

Jim