From:
Robert Wynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:10:59 -0800
Troublemaker.

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnny Battle [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 3:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Jim discussing fat

Oh. Sorry. I should read the FAQs for closely.

I must say, though, that I don't completely buy into that idea. Fire has
been
around long enough for us to evolve around its use (unlike cultivated grains
consumption). One of its values is to make some things edible that are
otherwise
inedible, and it seems clear to me that we have adapted somewhat to that.
For
example, the acid levels in a dog's stomach makes it much safer for them to
eat
raw meat than it is for humans. A quick purification by fire and most of the
bacteria and paracites in fresh meat are killed and the cooked meat digests
really well in our own system's juices. But if this raw food thing is one of
the
basic tenets of the list, I won't argue with it. :-)

John Battle