From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:08:25 -0500
Ken Stuart wrote:

>If just go out in a rural/wilderness area and start tasting arbitrary
leaves and
>stems, it will take me a long time to find something that tastes good.

And you'd be dead before you finished. Leaves on common plants like white
snake root are deadly. Then some, like the leaves on wisteria and common
nightshade, will probably only make you real sick. And eating the leaves of
poison ivy can make you really suffer.

>If I start tasting fruits, most of them will taste good.

Those jet berries look appetizing, but you'd be dead after eating only a few.

Don.