Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 01:37:13 -0500
On 11/28/2011 11:41 PM, Ron Hoggan wrote:

> While high fat and low carb is ideal for me, some family members, and
> many friends and acquaintances, it is not ideal, or even good, for
> some of the people I have worked with. When fats are either not
> absorbed or not metabolized normally, a host of health problems can
> arise. These range from those that are easy to spot from the
> characteristic fat deposits in unusual and very visible places in the
> body such as in the eyelids, on the forehead, etc. to those that are
> only seen internally, where fats are deposited on vital organs such
> as the heart, liver, etc. These include four or five coenzyme A
> dehydrogenase deficiencies, one carnitine transporter deficiency,
> several carnitine enzyme deficiency disorders, some mitochondrial
> protein deficiencies, fatty acid enzyme deficiencies, and a number of
> lipid metabolism diseases. These latter include Fabry disease,
> Farber’s disease, Krabbé disease, metachromatic leukodystrophy.
> cholesteryl ester storage disease, Wolman disease, Gaucher disease,
> Niemann-Pick disease, and there is some evidence to implicate
> adreoleukodystrophy as a disease that involves disturbances of fat
> metabolism.

Practically all us (except me) are iodine deficient. There are supposed
to be iodine receptors in every cell of our bodies.
It follows that nothing works as well as it should, notably enzyme
production and hormone creation.

It might be argued that paleoman didn't need to supplement with iodine,
but then the environment was not flooded with bromine, fluorine and
chlorine, all of which plug the iodine receptors in our cells (when we
are iodine-deficient) and make us stupid.
Iodine even removes mercury, as well as the nasty halogens.

Those who are overweight and supplement with the iodine protocol
(typically Magnascent & SSKI, L-selenomethionine, magnesium glycinate,
vit C, B complex) lose weight. The one I remember is 20 pounds, and she
did nothing else AFAIK.

http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Research_I.shtml
http://www.amazon.com/Iodine-Without-Brownstein-Bottle-Fashioned/dp/B000I2MMSI
www.iodine4health.com