From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:50:34 +1100
I'd like to protest the overuse of acronyms on this list.

It is good practice to not use acronyms without writing the full phrase at
least once in each document.

Acronyms confuse newbies particularly and make them feel confused or
unwelcome.

Using SAD (Standard American Diet) is very USA-centric, and SWD standard
western diet is more fair. Now, if your country's name is a TLA (three
letter acronym) as the USA is perhaps you're a little too used too it.

When I first joined this list there were lots of threads mentioning ER4YT
which totally confused me and I was too newby to ask. Of course I now know
that it was referring to D'Adamo's Eat Right For Your Type which probably
recommends paleo for blood group O people and other diets for other people.
I'll need to go back and reread some of those threads I think. My next post
is on ER4YT- I think there's a SNAFU in it.(I hope you know what snafu
means).(situation normal all f*@# up).

Ben Balzer