From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 08:48:36 -0600
On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 07:57:22 -0600, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The saddest thing to me is that my four kiddos, while mostly wanting to
> resist, will be tempted by the devil and end up downing fudge and
> pretzels and chocolate milk and cookies and lemon pie and...

My kids always have to eat the meal first, so they don't tend to eat as
much of the other goodies as they might want to.  They make no attempt to
resist.  :-)

As for me personally, I just do the same thing -- eat plenty of actual
food first, relying on the meat and vegetable dishes as the bulk of the
meal.  Then after that, if I want a slice of pie or cake (or both), I have
them.  One off meal (or off day) isn't going to ruin me.

--
   Robert Kesterson