From:
Possum Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 01:34:31 -0500
Mary wrote:
> Is it true that cattle are fed dog and cat remains, as stated in this
article?

The article is at http://www.rense.com/general6/cowveg.htm it is just a
small amount of truth mixed with MUCH B.S.!
I was the herdman and assistant milker on a comercial dairy farm. The cows
are fed mostly fresh millet and sorghum. In the winter they eat Fescue hay.
The cows that are milking are also fed corn silage and grain. They are also
given a mineral block to lick. The manure is collected and spread back onto
the fields to use as fertizer to grow MORE corn, hay, and /or millet to use
as feed. Cows that have been given an anti-biotic have to have their milk
thrown out fot 30 days after the last dose and they cannot be used as human
food for that period of time. The farm I worked on is chemical-free.

I have a friend in Florida who feeds his cows the orange peels and orange
pulp from the ornage juice plants near his farm. The cows LOVE orange peels!

Possum
Southern Cherokee Nation
"I was born upon the prairie where the wind blew free and there was nothing
to break the light of the sun. I was born where there were no enclosures and
where everything drew a free breath. I want to die there, not within
walls." --Ten Bears, Yamparika Comanche