From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:39:51 -0500
> Are we saying that our ancestors ate mostly bone marrow and left the rest
> of the animal?  Again, I'm not a scientist, but it seems like that would be
> the most difficult part of the animal to eat.  I should think they would
> eat that last, or if they caught an animal that wasn't enough to be
> filling.  Am I wrong?
>
> John Pavao

Obvously, you have never tried... Bone marrow is one of my preferred parts
(raw). It shouldn't be very difficult to break a bone and extract its marrow,
even with the simplest stone tools.

Moreover, I am not claiming that bone marrow is the only tissue that contributes
to a low saturated fat intake (in percentage). It seems that the fat composition
of wild animals is different from the fat composition of domestic animals,
although I don't have numerical data to support this claim, and, until the
article has been published, I have to trust Loren Cordain's post on the
Paleodiet list.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis