From:
Staffan Lindeberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 13:59:37 +0100
Don Wiss asked me to tell the group:

>For a starter what is a typical
>breakfast, lunch and dinner for you?

Breakfast: I'm a slow starter (:-)), so I get up shortly before I leave. I
grab a handful of hazelnuts and an apple, sometimes a banana (not too
ripe). When I have more time I take 3-4 boiled eggs  with my apple. Some
tea and off I go.
Lunch (at work): Plenty of meat or fish with satiating vegetables and some
boiled potato (not too much). Tea with fruit.
Dinner (at home): Plenty of meat or fish, satiating vegetables and some
potato (not too much) cooked with no salt (sodium intake below 30 mmol /10
MJ). Salad based on fresh fruit and tomato. Tea with fruit.
Between meals I have fruits and/or nuts.
I eat practically no cereals, no dairy products and no hard fats. I avoid
so called light meals like salad since they are often high energy high fat
low fiber foods because of dressing and bread with fatty spreads (and
because leaves are not satiating). Furthermore, if I have salad I may get
rather hungry in the afternoon and then I often cannot resist ice cream or
cookies. All our meals at home are self made from raw materials (which is
common in Sweden).

As you see this is not a low carb diet but a nutrient dense low fat low
salt moderately high carb diet. My weight is stable at 66 kg at 178 cm (BMI
21). Ten years ago I started this program and lost 9 kg (from 74 to 65) in
6 months. My blood pressure went from 130/82 to 120/65 (p=0.004) and my
serum cholesterol from 5.2 to 3.7 mmol/L.

Maybe it's satiety that counts?

Regards, Staffan

Staffan Lindeberg M.D. Ph.D. Dept of Community Health Sciences, Lund
University, Mailing address: Dr Staffan Lindeberg, Primary Health Care
Centre, Sjobo, S-22738 Sweden, +46 416 28140, Fax +46 416 18395
http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/lindeberg/