From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:49:41 -0400
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Rob Bartlett wrote:

> So everybody on the Protein Power LifePlan is recommended to reduce
> potentially harmful grains and legumes such as soybeans yet the Eades sell
> soy-based protein powders without similar warnings.  I'd say that this was a
> glaring inconsistency and undermines the Eades credibility.

They also sell whole wheat low-carb tortillas.

I think the Eades believe that carb restriction is the single
most important dietary "reform" that one should undertake.  I'm
guessing, but perhaps they regard carb reduction as responsible
for 90% of the benefits of paleo.  They do make a clear
distinction between the purist, dilettante, and hedonist levels
of compliance, and they do not insist that only the purist
approach is worthwhile.  I don't think it's wrong for them not to
target their products only to purists.

Todd Moody