From:
Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:39:15 +0100
Hi Rachel and Don

A year ago I read a book about this subject.  It was about Kellog and the way he
started with the cornflakes.  He was not the first one to make this product.
Apperently it was fashion in that time to go to health-spa's and a lot of
psycology was used in there as well.
Abstinence was the predict but women had the oppertunity to go to doctors who
used vibrators on them (honest, I'm not making this up).  The treatment there
was seen as normal so women would not get hysterical.  Like a kind of
physiotherapy that kept women from getting restless.
 No animal proteins were allowed and lots and lots of muesli were consumed.
Very perceptive to see that not eating meats lowered a persons sexdrive.  Just
the thing I would not want ;-))

Christy