From:
Kathy Partridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 17:51:26 -0400
At 12:03 PM 7/18/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone have a url or maillist for paleo nutrition for dogs?
>Thanks!
>
>--Richard

If you're looking for a list just like this one only for dogs, to the best
of my knowledge, there isn't one. There *are* some lists for holistic pet
health and a big part of that is a home made "natural" diet, but most of
the subscribers feed grains and dairy at least to some degree, along with
the meat and veggies. Some are still clinging to the security of commercial
foods while they work their way to total home made. The Billinghurst diet
is one of the most popular, but even that one, if followed strictly, calls
for some grains and dairy (tho not much).

There are two possibilities for your. In addition to a lot of traffic on
BARF (Bones And Raw Food), Wellpet also covers alternative ground like
homeopathy, herbs, Flower Essences, nosodes, Chinese herbs, etc. Because of
the very name and nature of the list there are a lot of posts from people
with sick animals who are looking for alternative "cures". K9-Cuisine is a
beginner-level feeding list with a more Pitcairn flavor (and you should be
aware that Dr. Pitcairn advocates the feeding of *lots* of grains).  I can
send subscription information to Wellpet and K9-Cuisine if anyone's
interested.

I feed a modified Billinghurst diet - meaty bones, raw meat, juiced
vegetables, a tiny bit of fruit, nuts, seeds and few supplements. I would
*love* to see a list just like this one for dogs (or dogs and cats). I very
much like the more academic/scientific evolutionary slant of Paleofood and
that atmosphere is missing from the Wellpet and K9-Cuisine lists. Perhaps
our esteemed list owner would consider starting a PaleoPet list? <vbg>

Kathy Partridge
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Artworks website: <http://www.borg.com/~atelierk/>
Atelier Golden Retrievers & Goldens Portrayed
Member GRCA, up in central New York