From:
"Wurtenberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:45:10 -0500
Some People do in fact eat them raw. If I had a source for them I would be
eating them regularly. I think they are one of the "clean" fish. You
obviously know that they pack a nutritious punch with all those wonderful
omega 3's. etc
They are never farm raised either which is comforting to know. They are
eating their algae and other sea vegetation.

Whem I ate them last, I did eat them raw. Some people eat the whole fish
including head, skin, organs etc. However, I only ate the meat by twisting
the neck and "de-spining" Don't worry so much about the bones. Next time I
will eat it all. I would probably take off the skin. I would imagine that if
there were toxins they might be stored in the skin and glands, but you will
find that it is a pain in the ass to be picky with this.  I bet you the
glands will give you the most bang for your buck.

-Eric