From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:51:14 +0000
On Feb 08, 2006, at 12:35 am, Wally Day wrote:

> Personally, I think some members on this list are a bit *toooo*
> dietary fat
> oriented. Yes, fat is certainly prized by primitives, but rarely at
> the
> expense of all other food groups. We are omnivores, not lipi-vores
> (I think
> I just made that up :). And, it's the right fat that counts.

Wally,

I'm very pro-fat but I can see the argument that it is not necessary
to go especially low-carb on paleo.  I know someone who lost a lot of
weight despite eating large amounts of dried fruit (often dates) so
it appears that the type of carbs is at least as important as the
quantity.

But then, I think fat is the best source of energy.  It takes the
least effort for the body to use and is probably the tastiest :)  I
guess while it is relatively easy to get a decent supply of fat (it
would be even easier if some idiot hadn't gone around telling
everyone the stuff causes heart disease!!!) we've got the luxury of
telling people to eat 70/80% fat.  I love veg, but I love meat more!

> On that note, the "largest" study of low-fat diets was just
> released, with
> terrible news for the low-fat advocates.

Do you have a link to this?  I've googled but I can't find anything.

Cheers

Ashley