From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:54:22 +0200
Me:

Aileen Keller wrote:

> These Swiss people ate raw, unpasteurized cheese and other dairy products
> with the natural beneficial enzymes still intact.  A much better food
> (making sure production conditions are hygienic) than our modern
> ultra-pasteurized, homogenized, enzyme killing, protein altering products on
> our supermarket shelves.

I'm also wondering, why modern cow milk has so many bad effets reported
and on the other side it was possible to produce perfect healthy dairy
in some environments. Like Loetschenthal, like the Indian buffalo dairy.
Something went wrong. It may be the totally different type of cow which
we have today. Very short-lived (3 vs 16 years) and turbo milk-producing.
Then what you mentioned pasteurizing, ultra-pasteurizing of course,
homogenizing, several treatments. Antibioticums in the fedder. Biocides
from the milking machines' cleaning.

I also think it has to do something with the fedder.
If a breastfeeding mother eats something flatulent, the baby gets
stomach pains from flatulence. There is some strange way that substances
wander from the mother's gut into the milk.
How could we stay unaffected if the cows eat such horrible things like
meat-flour or the power-fedder mixtures?

Loetschenthal cows ate mountain herbs and flowers ..

Amadeus