Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2012 10:47:24 -0500
On 01/07/2012 09:13 AM, Robert Kesterson wrote:

> I suspect you could get used to eating most anything if you kept it
> up for a year.

I've been eating raw beef since 1998. The bland taste has always been at
best a so what, and it makes gut music.
Dried is different.

> I don't know about "most" people, but I eat plenty of cooked meat,
> and I almost never add anything to it. I do tend to cook my red meat
> rare, though. If I get it "well done", I will often add something,
> but more for moisture than flavor.

Then you are setting yourself up for mineral deficiencies.
The reason that people salt their meat is because cooking makes the
inherent salt biologically unavailable, and salt is an essential mineral.

William