From:
Jose Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 04:57:38 -0500
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:53:53 -0500, William <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hello José Carlos;

* Hi again, William!

>On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:40:09 -0500, Jose Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:
>

>> One initial question, if I may: Are you William Schnell?
>
>Yes, it is I.

* Well, I was almost sure it was you. I'm glad to meet you again.

>> Although, honestly speaking, William Schnell was rather more laconic
than
>> you.
>
>I've been drinking coffee. It's the drug speaking through me. ;)

* Does it mean that coffee was then a liberation for you? Good for you.
You've got things to say, William. Well, I don't think it's unhealthy to
have a small cup of [organic] coffee in the morning. I do. But I can also
do without it.

>> You say: "My experience is that raw requires less of those, and a better
>> physical function includes support for the brain. Unless I did it
wrong
>> or my > system was not ready yet, eating a lot of raw foods (not even
>> all raw)         > demanded a lot of work from my digestory system.
>

>Experiments show that a piece of raw meat, eaten alone, is digested in
one
>hour, while cooked, usually with other foods, takes from 5 to six hours.
>My experience shows this to be true for me.

* This is amazing. I presume there's some basic preparation of the raw
meat before you gulp it down. If cooking the meat really makes it harder
to digest, then it seems cooking is pointless. The only "benefit" is maybe
that by eating it cooked you won't be hungry again within a hour. :)

>> I usually chew my food well, but I
>> can't spend all of my meal time chewing, and I don't like to use food
>> processors or juicers to spare inner digestion, if you see what I mean.
>

>Chewing raw meat is not necessary. No carnivore chews its meat, AFAIK.
>It's still digested in one hour.

* I don't think dogs do. I have a cat. She's slower while she is eating
her meat. It looks as if she is chewing it, but I am not sure. But the
question is: are humans really carnivores? No, I don't question humans
eating meat. I question calling them carnivores. I'd rather say omnivores
or semi-carnivores (I picked this from Wally). I'm talking about modern
man and I'm trying to look at his particular denture, which doesn't look
like a carnivore's. Also, I'm not sure if a man's stomach is as powerful
as a carnivore's (re: acids) to digest meat not previously chewed. For
just in case, I'd rather chew my meat. Besides, when you don't, you seem
to miss/skip the taste of it.

Regards, and think about keeping on sipping your coffee.

JC