From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:46:55 +0100
On Oct 28, 2005, at 12:10 pm, Keith Thomas wrote:

> I think you live in Bristol. I remember a delightful organic shop
> in Clifton. Probably more current
> would be the places on this list:
>
> http://www.organic-store.co.uk/bristol.html
>
> Keith

Thanks for all the links Keith

I actually live in Stoke-on-Trent which is a kind of black hole of
civilisation (proud winner of a vote on worst place to live in the
UK!) and there isn't much round here.  There's an intensive trout
farm and a non-organic farm shop quite near by.  But all around Stoke
is rural for miles- it should be possible to drive to any little
village and pick up two onions and a parsnip- but it isn't.

The organic gardening scheme you pointed to is promising.  I was in
Tesco a few hours ago, and when I was picking up some vegetables two
guys came up and were about to pick up some tomatoes, then went "oh
wait these are organic, they're on the other side".  I can't help but
feel they could have easily said "oh wait, these are the posh health
food tomatoes for rich people- the normal ones are on the other side".

Ashley