From:
Lynda Bryson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:08:24 -0800
<< I have been battling pseudomonas bacteria in my
ears for years. Off and on the Dr gets lucky with
something that will keep it away for a few months.  It
is very hard to kill and comes back quite often.

Now I am asking for help with anything that may
work.>>

A few years ago my English Cocker had a severe ear
infection from pseudomonas.  After an unsuccesful
round of antibiotics, my vet recommended a very
expensive treatment but couldn't guarantee it would
work because pseudomonas is so difficult to treat.  It
wasn't the money -- if there had been a good chance of
results, I'd have spent it -- but I asked for a
consultation with another vet, who had had success
treating these kinds of infections with silver
sulfadiazene, something he mixed up himself.  After 3
weeks treatment with this ointment, the infection
cleared up and he has had no ear problems since then.

Don't know if this product could be used in humans,
but thought I'd mention it.

Lynda Bryson