From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 23:45:11 -0500
patricia tipton wrote:

> Have you all seen what is being said back and forth? Do you all see how one
> post can cause a frenzy of reactions?  Cause and effect.   I am not going to
> point fingers, but one young man, only 3 years younger than my oldest, has
> acted, and posted like an average 20 year old.  It is age appropriate.

Every once in awhile,  there is a flurry of rudeness on the list and it is sad.
Anyone with common sense knows or should know the difference between difference
between spirited debate, and rudeness.  I have been in lurk mode for quite some
time but when a 20 year old college student pronounces that an anthropology
degree is something that should be hidden from the list,  my blood pressure pops
up.  One of the great things about this list has been the positive input from
persons of varied culture, country and educational background.  I am sorry to
see Robyn leave the list because she felt attacked.  My sense is that she felt
it was personal and that was the tone of some of what she cited.  I expect that
the success of Ray's book and reference to this list in the book is leading
quite a few new members here and many are probably lurking waiting for their
moment to contribute.  I hope that they are not put off by the pomposity and
arrogance that sometimes (seems to come and go) bubbles up.   Rick, with some
degrees but who feels like clutz when training with the 20 year olds in my
aikido class!