From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 10:00:49 -0700
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000 08:35:39 -0400, Siobhan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

><<PS  Most people in the first few months of low carb are deficient in
>potassium -
>switching to "Lite Salt" which is 50% potassium, usually solves that.>>
>
>I'd think twice before I did this.  Lite salt has been cited as causing
>retention of fluid and heart failure.  The proper ratio of potassium to salt
>is 2:1.  Potassium supplements in normally recommended doses seems to work
>well.

I think you have your facts reversed.

Doctors who run clinics treating hundreds of patients using a low-carb paleo
diet recommend Lite Salt to prevent retention of fluid and heart failure.

Retention of fluid often causes low potassium.   Low potassium "puts you at risk
for disturbances of heart rhythm".

See my previous message with the quote from Drs. Eades.

--
Cheers,

Ken