Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 06:37:32 -0800
<<I'm currently working on the compulsive eating
problem--eating because I'm bored, nervous, lonely,
scared, the food tastes good, the food is in front of
me, I haven't cleaned my plate, I want to avoid work,
etc.  There is also an issue about ambivalence in
being thin--you'd be surprised at how often this is an
issue for women in Western culture.  There is a part
of us that rebels at being put in the sex object
box--that we're not okay unless we're thin.  Sometimes
it feels safer to have some fat on you.  If you think
about it, you may find this is true for you, too.>>

Sheryl,
I have been having this same problem since _trying_ to
return to a paleo lifestyle a few months ago.  I do
very well until the evening on most days, then I begin
to eat things I know I shouldn't eat - it's been a
hard day, I'll just have this one (never do though),
it's been a good day....
I have come to the conclusion that I am compulsively
eating long ago, but have yet figured out how to get
myself out of it.  When I first started the paleodiet
2 years ago, I had no trouble sticking to it after the
first few weeks.  I am fairly okay with my actual
weight, telling myself that when I finish grad school,
I can concentrate more on what/how/when I eat as part
of the problem is my classes are from 4 to 8 in the
evening, too early to eat dinner before and eating
after just starts off a binge.  I would be interested
to know what kind of things you are doing to work on
your compulsive eating.

It is interesting to hear about the bodyfat
percentages.  I weigh about 188 and my bodyfat is at
26% (if I remember right), I am 5 foot 6.  I recently
began working out at the gym at school, but haven't
noticed any results other than that my muscles are
more fit.
Sorry this is so long.
Jane