From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:25:54 -0400
On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:40:45 -0500, Louise Anderson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Greetings, Paleofolk,
>
>Inspired by Todd, and others, I have decided to do the Anchell diet
>(adapted paleo style - starchless) and to kick it off, I will begin with a
>week-long (or longer if it goes well) all-meat/ water fast.

Remember that a similar strategy is advocated in NeanderThin (3rd.
ed):
start with something like this to get the results you want
and then add some veggies, fruits later.
When I did it I certainly didn't call it a fast though :-).

>I am planning to stay with the Anchell plan (or at least strict low carb
>Paleo) for 5 months -  from today, until Feb 18 (my birthday). I will be
>47. I will also then be at my ideal weight (she says confidently).

I don't know what you mean by strict low carb, but my diet is
probably considered to be that. You might find
that after 5 months you may want to stay on it the rest of your life!

Hope it works for you.

Philip Thrift
http://www.paleofitness.com