From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:37:24 +1100
Don't worry.. you're not the first and not the last.
I am type A, and type A with its grains and soy made me sick as a dog..
not to mention contributing to ulcerative colitis etc. I don't see how
anyone could possibly feel good on the type A diet either, unless its
purely psychological. For the most part, eating grains made me sleepy
and tired and i was out of action for about 2 hours after each meal.
On a paleo diet, I can eat every 2-2.5 hours and have a constant supply
of energy. I also require about 1/3 of the sleep i needed before.
I am a bit on the underweight side, though it doesn't worry me if I have
the energy levels I have.

The bottom line though, is D'Adamo's theory on blood type evolution is
pure bunk. I have researched this, and found that a couple of northern
indigenous tribes (Blackfeet, and another) as well others comprise(d) of
a very high if not 100% type A. These guys didn't survive by eating
plants, rice, amaranth and soy! They survived by eating fresh fish,
buffalo, nuts and berries etc.
There are many examples of Type A communities which ate the opposite of
D'Adamo's type A diet. Besides, if the blood types evolved 100,000+
years ago and the type A diet became available 5000 years ago, what did
type A's eat in the meantime?

reg.,
Dean.

>I am blood type O also, so that doesn't quite fit
Hi.  After visiting http://www.westonaprice.org and reading the book
review for D'adamo's blood type diet book(s), I'm going to throw away my

D'adamo books and go back to being fully paleo.I've been wrestling with
the blood type diet theory for a long time and now, finally, am prepared
to give it up.