From:
Rob Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:55:26 GMT
I have been raw for four weeks now.  Notice I don't say instincto, as I have
given up on the "stop" I cannot seem to achieve, because it stresses me out
and takes all the fun out of eating.  I don't think it is unachievable, but
I probably need wild foods, and some direct supervision from someone such as
Jean-Claude.  Since I cannot have those right now, I will be happy with
eating raw food, as I am enjoying it, and feel and look much healthier than
on cooked paleo.  I do not want to give any false impressions, though.  I am
eating much better foods anyway.  I was previously a bacon and sausage
caveman, as many of us are.  Though that seemed fine to me when I started a
year an a half ago, I have changed quite a bit.  We may not all agree with
Ray on this thing or that, but without reading to his admittedly loose
interpretation of paleo, I would never have even considered such an
experimentation as all raw, unprocessed, unmixed food.  I think the way he
suggests going paleo is a good way for any person to begin the journey
toward a better way of life and looking at food.

As for my raw food diet, it has shown some amazing benefits.  I have lost 15
pounds, and am down to 10% body fat.  Unfortunately, I did not get a body
fat test to begin the experiment, but my last one was about 15%, and I can
reasonably assume it was still close to that.  I eat much less food, just
because less seems to be enough.  It is quite expensive, however.  Hunting
season will fix that, with brings me to another point.  I have always
believed man is a mighty hunter, and that is probably something that
attracted my to Ray's book, as he thinks so also.  I feel differently now.
Just as Jean-Claude and other promised, raw meat is much better with a
little aging.  I put it on a dehydrator tray in the refrigerator, and turn
it every 12 hours.  The taste gets better and better with time, as long as
it does not dry out.  Veggies are still a little hard to take, but I try on
a regular basis.  My current food pyramid is fruit on the bottom, meat in
the middle, and veggies on top.  I am no trying to do that, it just works
out that way.  I eat nuts too.  Back to the hunting, though.  If everyone
eaten raw meat likes it aged, why do we think that man is a mighty hunter?
It should to me like we are primarily scavengers wrt meat, and hunter
secondarily.  Why else do I believe this?  Other than outsmarting them by
running them off a cliff, what tools do we have to kill?  No sharp teeth, no
claws, just fingers - great for rummaging through the remains of a kill
after finding a partially eaten animal, or after running off the carnivore
that killed it, which I think a human would be capable of.  These are just
some thoughts, but do not misunderstand me, I will still hunt, I will just
age my meat and eat it raw, never having been frozen.  Does anyone know how
long red meat keeps when vacuum sealed and stored in a refrigerator?  I am
considering buying a vacuum packing machine for home use.

As for the benefits of raw - very little toilet paper need these days,   no
odor from movements, decreased body odor, never the slightest digestive
discomfort whatsoever, and it seem to be melting away fat.

-Rob in Lubbock