From:
Theta Sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:52:11 -0800
Kris -

You are correct in my opinion.  And by "fat" I mean only raw fat - not
cooked.  Not enough raw fat in the diet will tend toward promoting dry
skin.  I believe that skin tone and condition comes mostly from the
inside (ingested foods).  Surface lotions and all are barely able to
make real long-term change to the skin - and then perhaps only at the
immediate surface, not deeply into the skin layers.

After I went on a raw fat/food diet my skin changed from constantly dry,
pale and slightly flaking (especially in winter) to smooth, ruddy and
less wrinkled with no flaking visible.  I would say that raw fat from
any good source is fine - it need not be specifically cod liver oil.
Avocado, for example, is an excellent raw fat source, as are raw nuts
from trees, et al.  Though I have no way to validate it I somehow feel
that berries (rasp-, blue-, black-, straw-) have an important part in
skin health too...

One of my favorite fats to chew on is suet:  melts slowly in the mouth,
is sweet and delicious, cheap and easy to obtain.  By the way the phrase
"chew the fat" has one derivation from people chewing on [insert
favorite fatty food: pork ration, whale blubber, bacon, etc.] while
passing the time doing something else, e.g., conversing.  So I'd
encourage all to "chew the fat" often - LOL.

Regards,

-=mark=-