Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:11:57 -0400
>Jean-claude:  There is for sure other solutions than surgery to get rid of gall stone .  i
>don't have specific knowledge of those therapies  but i read some stuff
>about it from peoples who have been able to cleanse their gall bladder. from
>stones. please  get an other opinion  ( from other kind of " therapies "
>before doing an irreversible operation .

The nutritional supplement Artichoke extract has helped some people with gall bladder
problems; some have used this in the face of a gall bladder attack.  Check out the
research on this.  There are herbs which stimulate the flow of bile, others which help to
dissolve stones.

You can find information on this in books in health food stores.  I don't have time to dig
up the info but I urge you to. Some people have dissolved gall stones with certain Chinese
herbal formulas.  Check to see if there is an acupuncture school/clinic where you live,
accupuncturists who are also herbalists, naturopathic physicians, etc.  The Chinese have
some amazing remedies for all sort of disorders, and many are extremely economical
compared to prescription drugs.

Btw:  You DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT YEARS for herbs to work if you use ones suited to your
condition.  Many people have experienced relief from the pain or discomfort of various
disorders within hours, a day or two or three of taking herbs; others may take longer.
Of course the sooner you treat a problem the better; the longer you wait the less options
you have.  I am not saying that herbs will help every person in every situation, but I've
seen them work for many people.  In our house, we have used herbs (Western & Chinese) for
many years...usually with good, results that were measurable, and admittedly sometimes
with no noticable effect. It depends on the condition and the herbs you get.

When I had a lot of pain from a low back injury (a subluxation, bulging disk), I took a
Chinsese herb formula designed to reduce pain and inflammation, improve circulation, and
speed healing.  I took no prescription drugs and was amazed at how quickly I healed
compared to less serious injuries and how tolerable the discomfort I had was.  I also
believe that my Paleo-style diet helped a lot and created more favorable prostaglandins
and therefore less pain and inflammation that when I ate a vegan, high-carb diet.   I was
not pain free, but I was in good spirits despite limited mobility and some aches.

If you know you have stones but are not in the midst of an attack, why not try a remedy
from Mother Nature's Apothecary?  She can do amazing things!

Rachel