From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:40:55 +0100
I would say  that one needs to make sure the brains/eyes come from organic(or naturally-reared),grassfed cattle:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_feeding

 As long as that's the case, though,  and the cattle aren't  fed on used animal parts, it's perfectly safe - I've been eating a wide variety of organ-meats including brains for years with no issues(as far as I can tell!).
Geoff "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognised. In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, and in the third it is regarded as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer. http://www.rawpaleo.com/ http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawpaleodiet/> Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:32:23 -0700> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Newbie Question - Organ Meats> To: [log in to unmask]> > Just a reminder that the prions that are responsible for mad cow disease and Crutzfeld-Jakob (and the other TSE's) amass in the neural tissues.  Thus, unless you are certain about where your beef/mutton etc. comes from (and that they are not feeding ground up animal byproducts), you should avoid these tissues - brains and eyes particularly.  > I would not trust large commercial producers for this type of food (although trusting them for the relatively safe tissue is probably hazardous as well - for other reasons).> Lately I've been sticking to local, pastured beef and bison.> I don't care for organ meats.  They taste too strongly for my delicate palate (but oh how hard it is to give up diet coke - lol).  But every now and then I try to eat some calves' or beef liver for the vitamin B-12.> Re: the dairy thing.> I've reported the ill effects of dairy for me before (all of which have suprised me).  Today I ate some cheese (-sigh- it's like I never learn) and am suffering the consequences in the form of a swollen ear canal.  It's only the most obvious representation of the inflammation I get from dairy - I hate to think of what it's doing to my cardio inflammation.> It's a process.> gale
100’s of Nikon cameras to be won with Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719808/direct/01/